6. Which of the following is a dynamic analysis tool for the purpose of testing software modules?
A. Black box test
B. Desk checking
C. Structured walk-through
D. Design and code
7. Online banking transactions are being posted to the database when processing suddenly comes to a halt. The integrity of the transaction processing is BEST ensured by:
A. database integrity checks.
B. validation checks.
C. input controls.
D. database commits and rollbacks.
8. A retail company recently installed data warehousing client software at geographically diverse sites. Due to time zone differences between the sites, updates to the warehouse are not synchronized. Which of the following will be affected the MOST?
A. Data availability
B. Data completeness
C. Data redundancy
D. Data inaccuracy
9. An IS auditor reviewing database controls discovered that changes to the database during normal working hours were handled through a standard set of procedures. However, changes made after normal hours required only an abbreviated number of steps.
In this situation, which of the following would be considered an adequate set of compensating controls?
A. Allow changes to be made only with the DBA user account.
B. Make changes to the database after granting access to a normal user account
C. Use the DBA user account to make changes, log the changes and review the change log the following day.
D. Use the normal user account to make changes, log the changes and review the change log the following day.
10. Which of the following represents the GREATEST potential risk in an EDI environment?
A. Transaction authorization
B. Loss or duplication of EDI transmissions
C. Transmission delay
D. Deletion or manipulation of transactions prior to or after establishment of application controls